Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science, and Orthopaedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Affiliate of the Regeneration Next Initiative
- Office Location: MSRB1 #381B
- Office Phone: 919-660-5273
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Agrawal, G; Aung, A; Varghese, S, Skeletal muscle-on-a-chip: an in vitro model to evaluate tissue formation and injury., Lab on a Chip (2017) [10.1039/c7lc00512a] [abs].
- Shih, Y-R; Kang, H; Rao, V; Chiu, Y-J; Kwon, SK; Varghese, S, In vivo engineering of bone tissues with hematopoietic functions and mixed chimerism, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of USA, vol 114 no. 21 (2017), pp. 5419-5424 [10.1073/pnas.1702576114] [abs].
- Kang, H; Shih, Y-RV; Nakasaki, M; Kabra, H; Varghese, S, Small molecule-driven direct conversion of human pluripotent stem cells into functional osteoblasts., Science Advances, vol 2 no. 8 (2016) [10.1126/sciadv.1600691] [abs].
- Wen, C; Kang, H; Shih, Y-RV; Hwang, Y; Varghese, S, In vivo comparison of biomineralized scaffold-directed osteogenic differentiation of human embryonic and mesenchymal stem cells., Drug Delivery and Translational Research, vol 6 no. 2 (2016), pp. 121-131 [10.1007/s13346-015-0242-2] [abs].
- Sharma, B; Varghese, S, Progress in orthopedic biomaterials and drug delivery., Drug Delivery and Translational Research, vol 6 no. 2 (2016), pp. 75-76 [10.1007/s13346-016-0288-9] [abs].